Globally, Amazon is a leading online retailer with an integrated advertising solution. The solution is aimed at professional sellers, agencies, vendors, Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) authors, as well as booksellers. Amazon PPC (Pay-Per-Click) is typically referred to as Sponsored Products. You can create automatic or manual Amazon ad campaigns. This article will look at Amazon ppc services automatic vs. manual campaigns, and how you can make this work for you!
How can Amazon PPC help increase your sales?
You can create ad campaigns using Amazon PPC to help increase your sales. You can use top-performing keywords related to your product to create these ads. And if you are not sure how to extract top performing keywords you can find Amazon PPC management services for you. An easy tip is, consumers search on Amazon using these terms to find products like yours. You can be sure that your products will be found using these terms! Brands and products using Amazon PPC are more likely to show up in Amazon search results, product pages, and more.
Amazon PPC Automatic vs Manual Targeting
Due to the cost-per-click nature of Sponsored Products, you only have to pay for ads when customers click on them. By setting your bid per click for each keyword, you can control the amount you spend on the ads. Amazon PPC campaigns can be done both automatically and manually, which is essential to know if you’re interested in starting your campaign.
What is an Amazon Automatic Campaign?
For PPC beginners, this type of campaign is ideal. Amazon takes care of selecting the target keywords automatically when you run an automated campaign. Because of this, you are unable to choose which keywords to pick for your campaign. Using the content of your product listings as well as customer searches, Amazon determines which keywords to include for your campaign. You are required to bid per ad group or campaign rather than per keyword in this solution.
You will also be able to see your ads on relevant search results and product pages to your business. As well as customers who search for keywords in your product listing, your ads will appear there. You may automatically have your keyword “running shoes” chosen by Amazon when you offer running shoes. As a result, your ad may appear on the search results for the term “running shoes for women” when someone searches for this phrase.
What is an Amazon Manual Campaign?
On the other hand, manual campaigns allow you to choose (and customize) which keywords to target on your advertisements. This can be accomplished with the help of an Amazon keyword tool, or by reviewing the keywords in your automatic advertising campaign and analyzing their performance. Broad, phrase and exact match keywords are the three types of keywords you can target.
In addition to having various options for bidding on your chosen keywords, the manual campaign lets you bid at different amounts on each of them. Having access to top-performing keywords allows you to bid more competitively to meet sales targets faster. A manual campaign is ideal for PPC experts since keywords and bids are manually encoded, which presents a huge risk of losing money.
How to use both Automatic and Manual campaigns for your PPC campaign
When it comes to choosing which type of campaign you should use, we recommend both. With a binary approach, you can stay on top of search trends in automatic campaigns and find the most effective keyword phrases in your manual campaigns. Using both automatic and manual ad campaigns is easy with this step-by-step guide.
Using Automatic Campaign
- Using automatic targeting, create a campaign for sponsored products.
- At least two weeks should be allowed for the automatic campaign to run.
- From the “Advertising reports” tab, download the “Search Terms” report after the campaign period has ended. You can open it in a spreadsheet program, such as Google Spreadsheets or Excel.
- Utilizing data from “Impressions,” “Clicks,” average “Cost Per Click” (CPC), and/or advertising cost of sale (ACoS), create a list of keywords that perform better than others.
When you’ve identified the best keywords, you’re ready to start your campaign with manual targeting. Good keywords will have high impressions, clicks, and conversions when the average cost per click fits your strategy.
Using Manual Campaign
- Utilize manual targeting to create a new sponsored product campaign.
- Starting with 30 keywords is a good idea. Export the data or results of the automatic campaign to determine the right keywords for the campaign and identify the keywords that generated the most sales and clicks. Use these keywords in your manual campaign. Alternatively, you can use the Amazon keyword tool for broader options.
- When running a manual campaign for the first time, we recommend the broad match type. By targeting the broadest group of shopper searches, you can increase your potential reach. In addition, you might recommend using match types such as “phrase” or “exact” if you need to reach a more precise keyword search.
- Set the bids for your manual targeting campaign a little higher than for an automatic campaign if you want to increase sales for the keywords you’ve chosen. If you bid on the top-performing keywords regularly, you can gradually increase them.
- To collect more reliable performance data, keep the campaign running for at least a week or two.
- Whenever you complete an automated campaign, you can download the “Search Term” report under “Advertising reports”.
- You can use the data under “Impressions,” “Clicks,” average CPC, and/or advertising cost per sale (ACos) to produce a list of keywords that perform better than others and go for another round of manual campaigning.
Using both campaigns at the same time
- Establish new automatic and manual campaigns based on the keywords that performed best in the manual campaign.
- Keep both campaigns up and running at the same time, tag them as “always-on” campaigns.
- When you want to use a new keyword, or when you assume you’ve already exhausted the earning potential of your previous keyword, you should always review your search term campaign reports.
Using both automatic and manual campaigns is effective for achieving your sales goal on Amazon. Follow the guidelines in this article, and surely you will see great results in your journey as an Amazon seller. If you need any help with your Amazon PPC campaigns, contact our consulting agency Urtasker. We can improve your existing campaigns, build customized PPC strategies, monitor your campaigns, increase conversions, and many more. Visit the website at Urtasker to find out in detail about what they offer in Amazon PPC management and how it can benefit you.
Leave a Reply