MiniTool Partition Wizard is an all-in-one disk and partition management tool. It can help you move/resize partitions, split/merge partitions, change partitions’ cluster size without formatting, convert partitions between NTFS and FAT without data loss, copy/clone partitions and disks, migrate OS, recover data and partitions, etc.
In this post, I will introduce the pros and cons of this partition manager and its key features.
Pros and Cons of MiniTool Partition Wizard
- Simple Interface. The entire interface is elegant and simple, letting you easily know what you can do with this software.
- Easy to use. The GUI makes disk and partition management easier.
- Rich and powerful functions. It not only can do what the built-in Windows Disk Management does but also has advanced features. I will introduce these features later.
- Free version. MiniTool Partition Wizard has a free version that has some essential but useful features.
- Multiple language support. MiniTool Partition Wizard is integrated with multiple languages including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- 30-day refund date. If you’re not satisfied after your purchase, you can request a full refund for up to 30 days after.
- Limited free tier. If you want to use more advanced features, you need to purchase the paid versions.
- Windows only. This software is only available on Windows, not on macOS or Linux.
- Some expertise is required. To manage the disk and partition better, you need to know some expertise. For example, GPT vs MBR, primary partition vs logical partition, dynamic disk vs basic disk, etc.
- Pricing. $59 for Pro, $109 for Pro Platinum, and $159 for Pro Ultimate. The Pro version doesn’t include the data recovery feature. The Pro Platinum version can be used on 3 devices. The Ultimate version has a lifetime free upgrade and can be used on 5 devices.
Key Features of MiniTool Partition Wizard
Key Features of MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
Although MiniTool Partition Wizard Free only has some basic features, it still does better than the built-in Windows Disk Management in these aspects:
- Extend: It allows you to take space from both unallocated space and existing partitions.
- Move/resize: It can extend and shrink a partition, and move the location of the partition.
- Merge: It can combine 2 adjacent NTFS partitions into one.
- Split: It can divide one partition into 2 partitions.
- Wipe: It offers more data sanitization methods.
- Space analyzer. It offers you more tools to filter folders and files so that you can free up disk space by deleting certain folders or files more easily.
- Align partition (4K alignment).
- Set Partition as Primary/Logical: It can convert a partition between primary and logical.
- Surface test: It can check whether there are bad sectors on the disk.
- Disk benchmark: It can test the actual read and write speeds of a disk on your PC.
Key Features of MiniTool Partition Wizard Paid Versions
The MiniTool Partition Wizard paid versions have more advanced features.
#1. Data Recovery
This partition software is integrated with the data recovery feature, which is usually not included by other partition software. This feature can recover data from existing/lost partitions, unallocated space, Desktop, Recycle Bin, and a specified folder.
#2. Partition Recovery
This feature can recover deleted or lost partitions. When a partition is recovered, the data on it will also be recovered.
#3. OS Migration
This partition software allows you to migrate the OS to another hard drive. You can choose to migrate the OS only or the entire system disk.
#4. Other Features
- Change the cluster size without formatting.
- Change partition type ID more easily.
- Change the serial number without formatting.
- Convert NTFS to FAT without formatting. The Free version can convert FAT to NTFS without formatting.
- Copy the system partition or disk. The Free version can copy data partitions or disks.
- Convert the OS disk to a GPT disk without deleting partitions. The Free version can convert a data disk from MBR to GPT (or reverse).
- Create a Win-PE based bootable media.
- Manage dynamic disks and partitions. For example, it can move/resize dynamic volumes, copy dynamic volumes, change dynamic disk to basic without deleting all partitions, etc.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is an ideal tool that’ll help you manage the files on your PC more resourcefully, and is suitable for both individual and enterprise use. It offers various and powerful features.