Migrating Exchange to Office 365 is generally affecting these days. Exchange provides a popular cloud-based platform where information can be communal with its users; the Administrator can allocate approval to access. It comes very suitably for business organizations accordingly very significant from the part of data. Office 365 is an advanced technology. And differently, Exchange server is over-used technology. Microsoft doesn’t simplify any direct way to migrate Exchange to Office 365 step by step.
Users of Exchange Server have multiple ways by which they can move Exchange mailboxes to Exchange Server 2010, 2013, 2016 or directly to Office 365 ease. Before discussing different methods to migrate Exchange to Office 365 step by step, let us quite clearly the reasons behind Office 365 migration.
- With Office 365, no concern about updating to up-to-date software versions. There all are considered automatically and flawlessly care. Hence, users will not have to go within server downtime or any other kind of situation.
- By taking to the authorities, you can stay protected by protecting your data. You no longer need to convey the burden of data management or data loss situations due to failures, technical glitches, etc.
- Economical, all you have to do is invest in your Office 365 subscription and get all of the on-premises setup suggestions plus a whole range of other features.
- Office 365 gives you more access without requiring to use on infrastructure. All you have to do is to secure more email accounts for different users. The whole process of getting additional storage, roping in further hardware support, configuring everything, and so on is all easily laid out.
These are the benefits of Office 365 migration and reasons users may want to migrate Exchange to Office 365. Exchange to Office 365 migration is an involved process.
Methods for Exchange Database to Office 365 Migration
Use the cutover migration method if you only have less than 2,000 mailboxes to migrate all mailboxes at once. The cutover method supports Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013.
If you want to migrate more than 2,000 exchange mailboxes in batches, then apply this migration method. It supports Exchange 2003 and 2007 only.
Use a hybrid migration method here if you only need to migrate 150- 2,000 mailboxes in small batches over time. It supports Exchange Server 2010 and 2013.
Why these methods are not recommendable:
- Takes unexpected time and requires technical expertise to perform
- Exchange admins should have detailed information about mailbox migration
- At times, Office 365 migration moves data loss which is not accepted.
As described above approaches appears various issues for Office 365 migration. Therefore, you have to use an automated software solution to migrate Exchange to Office 365, such as Shoviv Office 365 Migration Tool. It gives a reliable process to migrate Exchange to Office 365 step-by-step.
Shoviv Office 365 migration tool:
Shoviv provides the best Office 365 migration tool(Shoviv Exchange Server Suite). It gives a straightforward process to migrate Exchange to Office 365 step by step without any hassle. Users can add EDB files, Outlook stores, Live Exchange, and Office 365 mailboxes as sources. Users can export source mailboxes to Live Exchange, Office 365, and Outlook PST formats. It maintains a convenient GUI that makes the Office 365 migration easy for all users. This tool has many features.
- Shoviv Office 365 migration tool allows adding multiple mailboxes from the source for migration.
- Recover corrupt and inaccessible privates. EDB and pub.EDB files.
- There is no limit on the size of the source mailbox within this Office 365 migration tool; Users can migrate and save multiple files in one attempt.
- It agrees to preview the added source mailboxes before migration.
- Users can use this tool to migrate source mailboxes to Live Exchange (on-premises) or hosted Live Exchange servers.
- Migrate Office365/Exchange Server Public Folders and archive mailboxes to different Office365/ Exchange Server Public Folders and Archive mailboxes.
- Office 365 Migration Tool authorizes to save source mailboxes in multiple formats such as HTML, MSG, EML, RTF, vCard, etc.
- Within the software, the option of source mailboxes with automatic and manual mapping of target mailboxes.
- For user convenience, there is a filter option based on process message class and process item date.
- Search option to find desired source mailbox items using various criteria.
Follow the below steps and Migrate Exchange to Office 365 step by step:
Step 1. Install and launch the Office 365 Migration Tool.
Step 2. Now, Navigate on the ribbon bar and Click Add Source action.
Step 3. Select Exchange Server Mailbox as a source and provide the required credentials. Click Next.
Step 4. Now, the mailbox selection page will appear. Select the mailbox from the list, or also choose Export List to CSV. Click Finish.
Step 5. Click on the mailbox from the source list and select Export Multiple Mailboxes into > Office 365 Mailboxes.
Step 6. Here, Check/Uncheck the subfolder will display. Click Next.
Step 7. Here are the options to choose the “fetch All mailboxes from Office 365” option to retrieve all mailboxes from Office 365. Click Next and wait for fetching mailboxes through Office 365 credentials.
Step 8. Now, you can map the Source mailbox with a particular Target Mailbox. Validate Target option is not mandatory. Users can escape it (as per requirement). Click Next.
Step 9. Apply the fitter based on Process Message Class and Process Message Date. Click Next then the process will start.
Step 10. After the completion of the process, the message Process completed successfully will appear. Click OK.
You can save the process report by clicking on the Save Report button and click Finish at the end.
Due to the delicacy of manual methods and experts never recommends manual methods, users prefer professional tools, and Shoviv Exchange Migration Software is a pioneer. Office 365 Migration Tool tries to migrate Exchange to Office 365 step by step. To test its performance, Shoviv provides a free demo version of this tool. You can migrate the first fifty items per folder within it for free.