Data Science has become one of the most sought-after careers in today’s data-driven world, where it has become invaluable in solving complex problems, generating insights, and creating value for businesses. However, This field is quite diverse and interdisciplinary and requires skills in various subjects like mathematics, statistics, programming, machine learning, visualization, and domain knowledge.
As you may have heard, Data scientists are some of the highest-paid professionals in the technology sector, which is another reason why this particular domain has become so lucrative. But how does one start a career in this incentive-rich field?
In this blog, we try to find that out, as we explore a particular program that has been gaining popularity in Data science colleges in Maharashtra and other states of India in the last couple of years.
One of the best ways to kick start your career in data science is to enrol in a four-year undergraduate BTech in Data Science program. This degree, at BTech data science colleges in India, covers all the essential topics and skills one might need to become a data scientist.
Check out the table below to get an overview of this program at Data Science colleges in Maharashtra and elsewhere.
|Bachelor of Technology in Data Science
|Mode of Examination
|50% or more in 10+2 with PCM
|Merit + Entrance Exam
|Common Entrance Exams
|JEE, MHT CET, WBJEE, CUET, UGAT etc.
|Big Data Analytics, Compiler Design, Applied Statistical Analysis, Discrete Structures, Data Warehousing, Theory of Computation, etc.
|Average Course Fee
|INR 2 – 3 LPA
|Up to INR 10 LPA
|Capgemini, TCS, PwC, KPMG, IBM, HCL, Facebook, Amazon, Adobe, Wipro, Infosys, etc.
|Common Job Roles
|Data Analyst, Big Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Database Administrator, Data Engineer, Financial Modeler, Data Architect, etc.
This program, at data science colleges in Maharashtra and other states, familiarises students with the latest trends and developments in data science, through coursework, and interactions with industry experts, mentors, and peers.
A BTech in Data Science program will teach you how to:
- Apply mathematical and statistical concepts to analyse data
- Programming languages like Python, R, SQL, etc., to manipulate and process data
- Implement machine learning (ML) algorithms and models to build predictive or prescriptive solutions
- Visualise and communicate data findings at Universal AI University, using tools like Tableau, Power BI, and D3.js
- Apply your learnings to real-world projects and case studies across a range of domains, like finance, healthcare, e-commerce, social media, etc.
There are quite a number of benefits of choosing a BTech in Data Science colleges in Maharashtra and other states, some of which are:
- A BTech in Data Science course is specifically designed for students who want to pursue a career in the field of data science.
- A BTech in Data Science program is more rigorous and comprehensive than other short-term courses or certifications. It gives you a solid foundation and a deeper understanding of data science concepts and techniques.
- A BTech in Data Science program is more affordable and accessible than other foreign or online programs in Data Science. You can enrol in Data science colleges in Maharashtra or anywhere else in India that offers quality education and infrastructure at a reasonable cost.
- A BTech in Data Science program is more recognized and valued by employers than other credentials like short-term diplomas or certifications. This will give you a competitive edge over other candidates who have at most basic or intermediate knowledge of data science.
- A BTech in Data Science program is more flexible and adaptable than other similar programs like diplomas in Data Science, allowing you to choose from various electives, specialisations, internships, projects, and extracurricular activities according to your interests and goals.
Data science is a rewarding and exciting career path, offering plenty of opportunities for career growth and innovation in this burgeoning field of technology. Hence, if you are passionate about data science and data analysis and want to make an impact with your skills and knowledge, then a BTech in Data Science program from a government or private university in Maharashtra or elsewhere can be the perfect choice for you.
A BTech in Data Science colleges in Maharashtra or elsewhere will give you the necessary skills and knowledge to have a successful career as a data scientist. If that’s not enough to make up your mind, it will also help you develop your personality, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and critical thinking – skills that are essential for any professional.
So what are you waiting for? Enrol in a BTech in Data Science colleges in Maharashtra or elsewhere today and kickstart your data science career!
- Can I get scholarship options for a BTech in Data Science program?
Yes, Universal AI University has a range of scholarships based on merit, economic conditions, and other criteria that you can avail of if you want to be admitted to the Btech data science program.
- Are Cambridge board candidates eligible for the BTech in data science program?
Yes, at Universal AI University, even Cambridge board students with a minimum of 2 subjects are deemed eligible for the Btech in Data Science course.
- Can I study further after a BTech in data science?
Yes, you could pursue an MTech in data science or related fields or even pursue an MBA or PGDM if you want to get into management roles after graduation from a BTech in Data Science program.
- What is the average salary of a Data Engineer?
The average salary of a Data Engineer is around INR 8 LPA and depends on various factors like experience, industry, employer, location, etc.